When your company decides it’s time to create, redesign or enhance a website, you need to think about exactly what you want your website to do. This will determine the costs involved.
The most effective way to begin this process is to create a brief.
The more detailed the brief, the more accurate the quote you’ll receive. Here are a few questions we are likely to ask to get you started:
We will need to know a bit about your company. Write down a list that includes:
- Business name and a short paragraph about the company.
- The products or services you offer or would like to offer.
- The size of the company.
- Which countries are you operating in and/or targeting?
- How long have you been established?
If you currently have a website, this information would be helpful too:
- Current website address (if applicable).
- What levels of traffic is the current website receiving?
- What do you like about the website?
- What don’t you like?
- How do you update the website?
Think about what you need from your new site:
- What are the aims of the website (For example, to increase brand awareness, serve as an online brochure/product catalogue, sell your products/ecommerce, generate enquiries, create awareness for a new product launch or event)
- Who is the website aimed at? Businesses, shoppers/general public, children, tourists/visitors?
- How will you promote the website?
- What information do you want on the site: (Home page, about us, product catalogue, services, contact details, shopping cart?).
- How many products or services will you offer?
- List 5 sites you like and also 5 sites you don’t like.
- List 5 competitor’s websites.
- Do you want to be able to update the website in-house?
- Do you use social media to promote your business? What’s your twitter name? Facebook page?
- Do you have existing professional photography that can be used?
- Do you require a mobile website as well as a desktop site?
- What are your timescales?
Writing a brief needn’t be complicated; it will save time at the start of the project and will make it much easier for you to receive an accurate quote from us. However, if you need advice before you start to write your brief, please get in touch. We’re always happy to help!